2010 KSEA Midwest Regional Conference was held on March 20 ~ 21, 2010 at the University of Iowa. The conference was co-sponsored by Korean-American Scientists and Engineers Association (KSEA), Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology (DGIST), Public Policy Center and College of Engineering of the University of Iowa including KUSCO.
For this year, the purpose of the conference is to nurture young scientists and engineers with a Korean heritage by providing an opportunity to interact with more established professionals in the Midwest. Special poster sessions for young professionals and graduate students were organized and three best posters were selected by the Scientific Committee to receive the prestigious “Best Poster” award certificates with cash prizes at the closing session.
Major agenda for 2010 KSEA Midwest Regional Conference as follows:
- Opening remarks by Chueng R. Ji, 38th President of KSEA, Chunsun Kim, Consul of Consulate General of Korea at Chicago and Howard Ho Chung, 29th President of KSEA
- Two keynote presentations by Inseon Lee, President of DGIST, Jinsoo Kim, CEO of ISI and a dinner speech by Hosin “David” Lee of University of Iowa
- Twelve technical presentations by distinguished speakers with timely topics ranging from H1N1 virus to Four-river project
- Four career advising presentations by professionals from industry, academia, law firm and KOTRA
- Twenty-five posters from young professionals and graduate students with the up-to-date research topics in science and engineering
Related link: http://www.skytrust.net/kseamrc/