1. Information to be collected
Korea-U.S. Science Cooperation Center(KUSCO) collects personal information as follows:
- Personal information (name, year of birth, email, phone number)
- Affiliated Organization (name, address, title)
- Educational Attainment (degree, year, school)
- Major (Main category, subcategory and specification)
- Funding supported by the United States or Korea
- Whether you are a Korean or a KSEA member
2. Method of collection
We collect information directly provided by users through the KUSCO website.
3. Purpose of personal information collection
Korea-U.S. Science Cooperation Center processes personal information for the following purposes.
- To register and manage the KUSCO homepage/website member
- To operate US-Korea R&D /Academic related projects / programs
The processed personal information will not be used for purposes other than the following, and if the purpose of use is changed, necessary measures will be taken, such as obtaining separate consent with the researcher.
4. Sharing collected information
In principle, the Korea-U.S. Science Cooperation Center processes users’ personal information only within the scope specified in Article 3 (Purpose of personal information processing), and does not process it beyond the original scope or provide it to a third party without the user’s prior consent. However, in the following cases, personal information may be processed without the consent of the information subject.
- When there are special provisions in the law or it is unavoidable to comply with legal obligations
- When personal information is provided in a form in which a specific individual cannot be identified as necessary for purposes such as statistical writing and academic research
5. Users who can view and update collected information
KUSCO staff access the information. If information needs to be updated, the user can log in to the KUSCO website and update it, and the KUSCO staff can update it on behalf of the user at the request of the user.
6. Contact us
If you have any questions about this Consent to collection and use of personal information, you can contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The latest update date: February 24, 2023